Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Self Moderation

I find it interesting that the word self moderation is apart of my Kindergarteners curriculum. I don't think many adults know how to properly use the term and yet, I expect my 5/6 year old's to get it. Grant it, I ask that they take 1 tissue, 1 squirt of hand sanitizer/ soap, 3 pumps of paper towel, color on the full piece of paper etc. When I go out into the world (myself sometimes included in some of this) I see adults with 5 pumps of hand soap. Reality check, 1 pump is all you need. More soap does not mean cleaner hands. 2 pieces of paper towel is the same as the 10 mostly dry pieces you use. (although thanks for actually washing your hands)

This feeds into the "SUPER size me" of most restaurants as well. We want so much of things we don't need but we take it because it is there. My example for tonight, mhey favorite restaurant Frontera. It is a tex-mex food and I love it. Chips and salsa are on the list of things that make me a happy girl, and this place gives you anew basket of chips and bowl of salsa when you didn't finish the first. I am a happy girl, until I leave that is. I eat so much and will keep eating it even though I am full. You can roll me out of that place!

As I was driving home, I came to a conclusion. I either need to learn self moderation at a restaurant and make good choices OR just not eat out at all. This is hard to do, since most of my social endeavors involve going out to eat. I do know that you can ask people to eat at your house or to meet at someone's house, but that puts the pressure on someone to cook... blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse.

For now, I need to stick with my conclusion: learn self moderation OR just stay home. =)

 50 days until my goal of feeling better in my clothes. It was not a day full of good choices but tomorrow is another day to start. (I only say tomorrow because I made the bad choice at dinner and I ate so much I will not need my last meal because I will still be full UGH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment